Posts Tagged Cyber Bullies
After the cyber bully sparked suicides of Megan Meier and Phoebe Prince, it seems that the media and schools alike are finally starting to take harassment seriously, or it’s at least being recognized as it should.
I’d like to conclude that technology is the reason why so everyone is more aware of teasing and harassment. As someone who was relentlessly bullied in junior high, I know that schools have been known to take a blind eye to bullying, and I never appreciated such apathy. Though I was harassed via AOL Instant Messenger in 8th grade, I am old and privileged enough to have basically missed the age of cyber bullying, which is pervasive for today’s junior high and high school students.
Cyber bullying has shown adults that teasing is a serious issue. With cyber harassment, bullies are now able to menace their victims 24/7. Students cannot go home and feel relieved to be away from their tormentors. There’s no longer a safe haven for the bullied, so of course they’re going to turn to suicide and other drastic measures.
I’m hoping that this semi-new phenomenon will influence school officials to enforce harsher punishment on mean kids. These harassers have been getting away with this unacceptable behavior for far too long, and they’ve destroyed self esteems, lives, and futures for the innocent. It’s time that they finally learn that mistreating others is not okay and will not be tolerated.
- I've figured out the perfect way to fend off creepers wp.me/pkL8J-1u9 6 hours ago
- I'm like a block away from my house when my dress falls down and white sweater drops on the dirt. Sometimes I hate everything 11 hours ago
- Tinder is an Awesome App and Downloading It Could Actually Improve Your Social Life via @PolicyMic | @DustinRiedesel policymic.com/articles/42233… 12 hours ago
- RT @PolicyMic: @feministabulous and birthday girl @missafayres are TOTALLY DOMINATING the art of viral content creation #TrueStoryBro 12 hours ago
- RT @terilyns68: This little baby on cnn is cracking me up. 13 hours ago
- 188,060 hits